[Geany] "UNIX name" of the XML PrettyPrinter plugin?

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Tue Jan 18 21:37:32 UTC 2011

Hi everybody (and particularly Cedric ;)),

I wanted to add a category entry for the XML PrettyPrinter plugin on the
SF bugtracker, but I'm not sure which name to choose, because there are
three [1]:

1) XML PrettyPrinter ("GUI" name, that's perfectly normal)
2) pretty-printer (the name in the source tree)
3) pretty-print (the name of the .so file)

I find this quite confusing, so I suggest to choose one of the "UNIX"
names for both the source tree and the .so file (and everywhere else it
may be useful). It would, hopefully, make referring to the plugin less
error-prone :)
I'd personally vote for pretty-printer if you're interested by my
opinion, because it is simple and looks more like the GUI name than
pretty-print.

Cheers,
Colomban

[1] most plugins have 2 name: the UNIX name and a "GUI" name, generally
more descriptive and translatable.