[Geany] tag completion

Dominic Hopf dmaphy at xxxxx
Tue Jan 18 00:13:29 UTC 2011

Am Montag, den 17.01.2011, 18:40 -0500 schrieb Kete:
> Hello, I can't find instructions on how to add a tag to be automatically
> completed when I type the first part. For example, when I type <p>, the closing
> tag, </p>, automatically shows up after my blinking insertion bar. I'd like to
> add one of these for the standard PHP opening delimeter, <?php. I'd like the
> closing delimeter, ?>, to pop up right after I type that. Is there a way to do
> this? Pointing me to instructions I overlooked is fine.

This usually is done with XML stuff I guess. Since the <?php tag is
missing the closing brace (>), it most likely isn't considered as XML
code itself.

I'd suggest to work around this using snippets. Add something like this
to your snippets.conf:

php=<?php\n%cursor%\n?>

See the manual at http://www.geany.org/manual/#user-definable-snippets
for detailed information how those snippets work. :)

Regards,
Dominic

--
Dominic Hopf <dmaphy at googlemail.com>
http://dominichopf.de/

Key Fingerprint: A7DF C4FC 07AE 4DDC 5CA0 BD93 AAB0 6019 CA7D 868D