[Geany] RFC: Setting up a monthly newsleter?

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Fri Jan 14 16:21:23 UTC 2011

Le 05/01/2011 23:52, Frank Lanitz a écrit :
> On Sun, 2 Jan 2011 15:11:39 +0100
> Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de> wrote:
>
> [...]
>> So question are:
>> Who would like to see such a thing?
>> Who would be able to help compiling such a newsletter?
>> Any other ideas or suggestions?
>
> After a a bunch of feedback I'd say that most of the people would like
> to have opportunity of an newsletter with extract for a period.
> Unfortunately no further author by now.... :)
>
> However, to get this thing started there need to be some kind of
> collaborating tool to create the text. I know from some groups which
> are using a wiki or Etherpad for doing this.
> As Geany is an IDE and I feel a bit more comfortable with a VCS I'd
> suggest to make usage of a git/svn/hg/* here to collect and edit the
> texts for the newsletter before sending them out. Maybe we could use
> git.uvena.de also for hosting of these. What do you think?
A bit late, but that's a good idea -- Git, of course :D

Though I still don't propose myself as an author, I might try to help a
bit the process by reviewing, commenting and perhaps sometimes writing a
bit. No full-time job as you see, but if it can help, I'll try to.

Cheers,
Colomban