[Geany] various prefs editor [was: do not open oversize files - hidden pref]

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Sat Jan 8 11:09:18 UTC 2011

Hi,

Attached is a various prefs editor which applies against 0.20.
Now a few words about the individual prefs:

[current] - the current pref value is always used, and there are no
dependencies on the previous value AFAICT.

[restart] - requires restart to take effect.

allow_always_save - If changed from false to true and File -> Save was
disabled, it remains disabled after the file is changed (the shortcut
works properly). Easily fixable, but why do we enable Save All if
always_save is true? If we expect each Save All to always save all
files, I'd better be sure to never enable this. [restart], or a
ui_save_buttons_toggle() call when updating the preferences.

brace_match_ltgt - [current]

compiler_tab_autoscroll - [current]

complete_snippets_whilst_editing - [current]

find_selection_type - [current]

gio_unsafe_save_backup - [current]

indent_hard_tab_width - [restart]. And a big, fat warning. Best of
all, kill it.

msgwin_[a-z]\+_visible - Safe to change. [restart], or a call to
msgwin_show_hide_tabs() when updating the preferences.

new_document_after_close - [current]

number_[a-z_]\+_items - Safe to change. [restart].

show_editor_scrollbars - Safe to change, affects the newly opened
files. For the files already open, [restart] or foreach document
sci_set_scrollbar_mode().

show_symbol_list_expanders - TODO

statusbar_template - [current]

use_gtk_word_boundaries - TODO

use_safe_file_saving - [current]. I think utils_write_file() should be
based on write_data_to_disk(), and should display a popup message like
document_save_file(). The second worst thing after losing a document is
to lose a project/config/... file, possibly without even noticing it.

--
E-gards: Jimmy