[Geany] do not open oversize files - confirmation threshold

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Wed Jan 5 23:19:50 UTC 2011

On 6 January 2011 06:25, Dimitar Zhekov <dimitar.zhekov at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Jan 2011 17:57:15 +0000
> Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:
>
>> The question is what should the default be, and personally I think some
>> kind of limit is better than no limit.
>
> 50MB file size IMHO. Most users will never need it, and most machines
> will be able to handle it, even for XML. Personally I work with larger
> files, but prefer another editor for them.

No number will suit everyone :-) , but as we are only talking about a
default value then to avoid the argument I'd second a value in this
range.

> As of the setting being hidden or configurable, won't we include the
> Various ("hidden") preferences editor after 0.20? If so, the question
> becomes simpler: Does the threshold belong to a specific tab, for
> example "File", or just leave it in "Various"?

Good point, I'd leave it in the various/hidden/advanced/i promise I'll
be careful/... tab.