[Geany] RFC: Search/Replace : Turn "use escape sequences" by default on

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Wed Jan 5 16:22:01 UTC 2011

On Wed, 05 Jan 2011 15:06:28 +0100
Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de> wrote:

> When I'm using the search and replace function of Geany I usually
> search/replace phrases including escaped sequences like \n or \t. Also
> very common at my side is to forget to turn on the option, so search
> and/or replace will fail.
>
> I'd like to have this option turned on by Geany's default, but I'm ot
> sure whether this would break the work flow of most of other users. So
> what do you think about turning this on by default?

I don't think it should be on by default, as the user might want to
search for a literal '\' e.g. for windows paths, etc.

Perhaps we could just remember the find & replace dialog options
after restarting, like Find in Files does.

Regards,
Nick