[Geany] do not open oversize files

Krzysztof Żelechowski giecrilj at xxxxx
Tue Jan 4 18:43:23 UTC 2011

Dnia wtorek, 4 stycznia 2011 o 18:22:42 Dimitar Zhekov napisał(a):
> As a crude estimate, under Linux you can try to malloc(minimal
> presumable required memory). It won't be actually allocated, unless you
> memset() it or something, but if the result is NULL, a warning is
> justified.

I do not know where you got it from, but the last OS I know that behaved like that was MacOS 7.  Please do not spread misinformation.

malloc fails at 01 << 040 at my place.

(Actually, it means that the declarations of malloc and mmap in glibc would do with unsigned int as well; you have to use mmap64 to allocate larger blocks).

Best,
Chris