[Geany] Minor question about Geany GTK theme tweaking on Windows

Len Philpot len at xxxxx
Sat Feb 26 04:46:58 UTC 2011

This is completely trivial, but maybe it's an easy answer. It has (AFAIK) to do with GTK theming, but I'm seeing it only on Geany.

I run Geany on both RHEL and Windows (Vista currently ... grrr :-). On Windows, under the Classic Windows theme the background of the highlighted menu item picks up the default selection color properly, but the foreground (text) remains black. I've looked over the GTK site, etc., played with C:\Program Files\Geany\etc\gtk-2.0\gtkrc (msw-default style definition) and managed to affect a few things here and there. But I was never successful in changing the hightlighted menu text color. Looking through the GTK docs for the proper way to do this reminds me a bit of asking how to get across town and being told how to build a car.  :-)

Does anyone know offhand what needs to be set to accomplish what I'm trying to do?

Thanks.

--
Len Philpot - l e n @ p h i l p o t . o r g   (no spaces)
      Read my story: http://www.mostimportantthing.org