[Geany] what file extension are project files supposed to have?

Stephan Beal sgbeal at xxxxx
Thu Feb 10 17:42:27 UTC 2011

Hi, all!

When i create a new project file in Geany, it prompts me for a name but it
does not automatically add its own extension to it. So i make one up.
However, when i then try to open it later, the file selection dialog doesn't
see my project files by default because i haven't used the expected
extension.

What IS the expected file extension for project files? And can i tell Geany
to add the extension itself (like most other applications automatically do)?

--
----- stephan beal
http://wanderinghorse.net/home/stephan/