[Geany] How to make custom autocompletion scope?

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Thu Feb 10 01:52:04 UTC 2011

On 10 February 2011 12:27, Daniele Pignedoli
<daniele.pignedoli at gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to improve geany's php autocompletion for php functions, adding some
> extra info and missing functions (also, in my case, some basic drupal
> function i use quite often).
> How can i create my own functions autocompletion suggestion?

If you have a source file with the declarations in it Geany can write
the tags file, see tags section of the manual.

> I saw the php.tags in /usr/share/geany folder, but looks a bit confusing
> about syntax.. and does it get ovverride by a php.tags files placed into my
> ~/.config/geany folder?

IIUC its additive, not sure what happens if the same function is
defined twice, suspect both are offered.