[Geany] RFC: Setting up a monthly newsleter?

Russell Dickenson russelldickenson at xxxxx
Tue Feb 8 23:12:32 UTC 2011

On 9 February 2011 09:02, Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de> wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 07:32:53 +1000
> Russell Dickenson <russelldickenson at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Unasked, I'll share my two cents:   (:D)
>> >
>> > I'd suggest to send out good old plain text via mail to this list
>> > and at the top or bottom add a link to a fancy HTML version of the
>> > same content easily viewable in a web browser.
>> >
>> > I'd further suggest to simply put the newsletter as HTML on
>> > http://newsletter.geany.org (which I would create if wished) and
>> > also link to this site from www.geany.org once a new one is
>> > released.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Enrico
>>

>> Those all sound like reasonable options.
>>
>> Regarding the format in which the newsletter is to be written, this is
>> not (AFAIK) fixed in stone. Frank has started writing in LaTeX and,
>> since he's the only one to make a contribution so far, I'm happy to
>> continue. Once we have the first issue out then we'll revisit the
>> question of source format. It's likely that we would accept
>> contributions in plain text format and mark them up for inclusion in
>> the newsletter.
>
> I agree.
>
>> Frank - do you have a deadline in mind for the first issue?
>
> My goal was to send out first upcoming weekend. Even I know its not
> this many content its a start point I don't want to delay more then
> needed. But right now I don't have the feeling its done.

I have already read through the existing document and Lex's (?)
suggested changes and believe it is ready to be published. I won't be
able to make a contribution to this issue because I am not available
this weekend.

--
Russell