[Geany] RFC: Setting up a monthly newsleter?

Russell Dickenson russelldickenson at xxxxx
Tue Feb 8 21:32:53 UTC 2011

2011/2/9 Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>:
> On Tue, 08 Feb 2011 15:18:02 +0100, Colomban wrote:

>>I personally don't see a need for a PDF -- though I've nothing against
>>it.

>>> Plaintext via email to mailing list. Its the most efficient way to
>>> reach the ppl on mailing list.
>>Agreed, ML's the best :p
>
> Unasked, I'll share my two cents:   (:D)
>
> I'd suggest to send out good old plain text via mail to this list
> and at the top or bottom add a link to a fancy HTML version of the same
> content easily viewable in a web browser.
>
> I'd further suggest to simply put the newsletter as HTML on
> http://newsletter.geany.org (which I would create if wished) and also
> link to this site from www.geany.org once a new one is released.
>
> Regards,
> Enrico

Those all sound like reasonable options.

Regarding the format in which the newsletter is to be written, this is
not (AFAIK) fixed in stone. Frank has started writing in LaTeX and,
since he's the only one to make a contribution so far, I'm happy to
continue. Once we have the first issue out then we'll revisit the
question of source format. It's likely that we would accept
contributions in plain text format and mark them up for inclusion in
the newsletter.

Frank - do you have a deadline in mind for the first issue?

--
Russell