[Geany] Quirks mode

Ross McKay rosko at xxxxx
Tue Feb 8 21:23:33 UTC 2011

Kete F wrote:

>I just figured out that my pages weren't working in Internet Explorer
>because my wise butt was leaving the license comment above the DOCTYPE
>in HTML documents.
> http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery?s=Quirks+mode&gwp=8#Triggering_different_rendering_modes

Yup. Edit the HTML template and save in folder:

    ${HOME}/.config/geany/templates/files

It will override the default template in the installation set.

While you're at it, you might want to change to HTML5 (or whatever it's
called this week) DTD-less doctype.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Document_type_declaration#HTML5_DTD-less_DOCTYPE
http://diveintohtml5.org/

e.g.:

<!DOCTYPE html>

<head>
	<title>{untitled}</title>
</head>

--
Ross McKay, Toronto, NSW Australia
"Let the laddie play wi the knife - he'll learn"