[Geany] RFC: Setting up a monthly newsleter?

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Feb 8 17:20:33 UTC 2011

On Tue, 08 Feb 2011 15:18:02 +0100, Colomban wrote:

>Le 08/02/2011 14:52, Frank Lanitz a écrit :

>I personally don't see a need for a PDF -- though I've nothing against
>it.
>
>>> Those options look OK to me. Does anyone have thoughts on how the
>>> newsletter might be presented on the Geany web site. Perhaps a page
>>> on the wiki with links to the issues in the two formats - PDF and
>>> HTML (wiki ?).
>>
>> Plaintext via email to mailing list. Its the most efficient way to
>> reach the ppl on mailing list.
>Agreed, ML's the best :p

Unasked, I'll share my two cents:   (:D)

I'd suggest to send out good old plain text via mail to this list
and at the top or bottom add a link to a fancy HTML version of the same
content easily viewable in a web browser.

I'd further suggest to simply put the newsletter as HTML on
http://newsletter.geany.org (which I would create if wished) and also
link to this site from www.geany.org once a new one is released.