[Geany] RFC: Setting up a monthly newsleter?

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Tue Feb 8 14:21:39 UTC 2011

Le 07/02/2011 23:50, Russell Dickenson a écrit :
> On 8 February 2011 04:21, Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de> wrote:
>> On Mon, 7 Feb 2011 12:21:00 +1000
>> Russell Dickenson <russelldickenson at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> <snip>

>>> Yes. Sorry, but I not likely to contribute if I have to learn
>>> something like Latex. It's not something I'm using now, nor likely to
>>> use any time in the near future so I'm simply not motivated to learn
>>> it.
>>
>> I don't care much about the markup language. LaTeX on our level is not
>> more complicated as writing ReST etc. I guess.
>
> I would prefer not to have to learn something like LaTeX but since
> there's a Geany plugin available, I'm happy to stick with LaTeX for
> the moment. As you suggest, Frank, since we're not writing complex
> documents I don't expect the LaTeX markup used to be very complex.
> I'll probably be doing a little cut-and-pasting if that's OK.
I'd personally prefer not to have to write LaTeX since I hardly know it,
and I'm not sure we need what LaTeX can give us that something like reST
couldn't.

However, since I'll probably not contribute that much (in the near
future at least), my POV doesn't matter that much. More a "2¢" then ^^

Cheers,
Colomban