[Geany] RFC: Setting up a monthly newsleter?

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Tue Feb 8 10:20:25 UTC 2011

Am 08.02.2011 00:57, schrieb Russell Dickenson:
> On 8 February 2011 09:31, Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> [snip]

>>> Shrug!? I'm sorry but this sort of attitude can only lead to utter
>>> chaos and anarchy. :P The world *must* have order and this includes
>>> getting ALL cApItaLisAtiOn correct!
>>
>> Not to mention capitaliZation if your spull chucker is set to US English :-)
>
> That's the next challenge...which version of English is the newsletter
> to be written in? I'd suggest we accept whatever people write in. I
> see no reason to change someone else's spelling from American to
> British etc.

Well. I'd say this is step 2. Most of Geany is written using AE as its
the most popular from I guess. Persoanlly I prefer to read BE as its
cleaner -- but don't ask me I've got my issues either ;)

>> English is *such* a very standard language .... everyone has their own standard!
>
> [snip]
>
> I heard long ago some saying "The great thing about standards is that
> there are so many to choose from." :)

;)

Cheers,
Frank