[Geany] RFC: Setting up a monthly newsleter?

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Sun Feb 6 17:00:00 UTC 2011

Hi,

Sorry for the late coming back. Somehow I missed this mail ...

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 22:08:15 +1000 Russell Dickenson
<russelldickenson at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think this is a *great* idea and am willing to volunteer as a member
> of the newsletter team.

Cool. Great to hear.

> I'm happy to "give it a go" and will let
> others judge my work. My time is rather limited at the moment but I
> believe I could make a useful contribution. I speak (and write) only
> English, I'm afraid, so I couldn't contribute to translations in any
> way.

As we should start in English, a native speaker could be a great help
beside of contributing content also on spell checking, grammar and
stuff.

> In thinking about the format, I wonder if a blog-style format might be
> better than a regular newsletter. I say this only because a newsletter
> can be delayed solely because one item is not quite ready. I am the
> author and editor of the Frugalware Linux newsletter, so I have some
> experience in this area. For the moment I'll await further details and
> team members. :)

Well, I'm not sure how this could look like. Can you give a more
detailed exampled?

Right now I started to put some content together into a LaTeX-file
which will be compiled to PDF and plain text and send out later once
its done.

Cheers,
Frank
--