[Geany] issue of geany & sshfs

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sun Feb 6 03:56:04 UTC 2011

On 5 February 2011 23:32, thief shadow <mythief at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was using geany with sshfs because of the problem with sftp. But newly
> there is a problem with sshfs, geany can't write/change remote file because
> of permission. It creates a temporary file but can't change with the
> original file and gives me permission error. Same error is also available
> for gedit but emacs works like a charm.
>
> In fact previously geany'd worked with sftp but later on raised an issue.
> In here, people adviced me to use sshfs. I've been using sshfs for months
> but now everything is turned upside down.
>
> Is there anybody who has the same problem, any solution for this problem.
>
> Thank you in advance.

Hi,

There have been a number of changes made to file saving as attempts are made
to improve the safety vs performance of file saving (especially over network
protocols).

If use_safe_file_saving is set the behavior is to write to a new file and
rename it when the write has been successful, but that can change permission
as you note.

Try unsetting use_safe_file_saving.