[Geany] When might Geany Portable be upgraded to 0.20?

Oliver Krystal mr.soup12 at xxxxx
Fri Feb 4 23:08:46 UTC 2011

I didn't include the windows theme engine for GTK :-[

On 2/4/2011 1:30 PM, Enrico Tröger wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Feb 2011 14:11:56 +1100, Lex wrote:
>
>> On 3 February 2011 13:56, Oliver Krystal<mr.soup12 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> I am using the GTK shipped with Geany now.  This is part of the
>>> reason for the change.
>>>
>> Well since Geany still supports 2.8 I guess it won't need to be
>> upgraded for a "while" yet.
> Updates are always good to get such boring things like bugfixes :).
>
> Though, the Windows builds still ship with GTK 2.16 as newer versions
> had some problems when the client-side window stuff landed in GTK 2.18,
> IIRC. Maybe there were some other reasons for sticking with 2.16 I
> don't remember right now.
> Also not sure whether it'd be better with 2.22.
>
> http://www.gtk.org/download-windows.html still states:
> "GTK+ 2.16 is an old but in some sense more reliable branch. 2.22 is
> the current maintained version. Choose the one which works better for
> you."
>
> IIRC some time ago there was clear note to stick with 2.16 on Windows.
> Now it sounds more relaxed. So if I have time and playing with Windows
> next time, I might try updating to GTK 2.22.
>
> Also, if anyone else wants this do and report any feedback, feel
> welcome to do so!
>
> Regards,
> Enrico

Eyes on use networks, sniffin yuse packets, readin yuse emails
<http://www.wireshark.org/> I helped develop!
<http://pnotes.sourceforge.net/> I butcher perl, but I try :p
<http://strawberryperl.com/> That has got to be the most awesome link
ever <http://www.cbs.com/classics/macgyver/>No witty comment here
<http://fedoraproject.org/> 8-bit Glory Days!
  I've considered the enviroment, and I want it warmer.  Please print
and burn 50 copies.
---This signature brought to you by HTML--