[Geany] When might Geany Portable be upgraded to 0.20?

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Fri Feb 4 19:30:30 UTC 2011

On Thu, 3 Feb 2011 14:11:56 +1100, Lex wrote:

>On 3 February 2011 13:56, Oliver Krystal <mr.soup12 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am using the GTK shipped with Geany now.  This is part of the
>> reason for the change.
>>

>Well since Geany still supports 2.8 I guess it won't need to be
>upgraded for a "while" yet.

Updates are always good to get such boring things like bugfixes :).

Though, the Windows builds still ship with GTK 2.16 as newer versions
had some problems when the client-side window stuff landed in GTK 2.18,
IIRC. Maybe there were some other reasons for sticking with 2.16 I
don't remember right now.
Also not sure whether it'd be better with 2.22.

http://www.gtk.org/download-windows.html still states:
"GTK+ 2.16 is an old but in some sense more reliable branch. 2.22 is
the current maintained version. Choose the one which works better for
you."

IIRC some time ago there was clear note to stick with 2.16 on Windows.
Now it sounds more relaxed. So if I have time and playing with Windows
next time, I might try updating to GTK 2.22.

Also, if anyone else wants this do and report any feedback, feel
welcome to do so!