[Geany] Geany Themes packages

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Sat Dec 17 23:25:21 UTC 2011

Le 17/12/2011 23:13, Matthew Brush a écrit :
> On 12/17/2011 08:32 AM, Frank Lanitz wrote:
>> On Sun, 11 Dec 2011 16:46:23 +0100
>> Thomas Martitz<thomas.martitz at student.htw-berlin.de>  wrote:

>>> Bah, I still think it should be part of Geany, not a separate package.
>>
>> I disagree, even they are cool. We should keep in mind to do not bloat
>> Geany core with extra stuff. I guess we did a good step with moving a
>> lot of tag files out (btw here a package would also be cool) and don't
>> want to go step back
>>

> Bloat, hehehe.  It's ~36kb for all 17 themes combined :)

I'm with Frank here, it's not a sizing question.  Themes are good, but
there is not point in providing 65536 themes, and if we provide all the
geany-themes ones, why not all the user's created ones?  We already
provides 2 themes, and we (should) link somewhere users can find some
others on the website, but we shouldn't distribute all of them.

No, I definitely think these should go in some "extra" package or
something, why not with some tags files or other selected extras.

Cheers,
Colomban