[Geany] plug-in to allow editor tabs in multiple rows??

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Fri Dec 16 02:38:20 UTC 2011

On 12/15/2011 06:01 PM, Tom wrote:

> However one feature that I am missing, (quite badly in fact, might need
> to work out how to code plug-ins or something) is to be able to have
> multiple rows of tabs in the selector widget.

I don't think GTK+ supports multi-row tabs, so this wouldn't be possible
without massive hacks and probably modifying GTK+.

> If I have 20 text files open, which happens in my line of work, they
> scroll off the tab menu and it a PITA to find the one I need quickly.
>
> Any suggestions? Thanks...

Use the menu that pops up when you right click on a tab or use the key
combinations defined in the `Preferences->Keybindings->Notebook tab` to
navigate through the tabs easier.

Cheers,
Matthew Brush