[Geany] Syntax highlight m4's 'dnl'

Nate Bargmann n0nb at xxxxx
Thu Dec 15 00:15:39 UTC 2011

Nate Bargmann <n0nb at ...> writes:

> Hi.
>
> I like Geany and have been tweaking a few of the syntax highlight
> settings to my liking.  One thing I've not figured out is how I might
> highlight a line that begins with 'dnl' similar to a shell comment but
> with another color, if possible.
>
> I understand that .m4 and configure.ac filetypes are part of the .sh
> type which is fine.  I suppose that 'dnl' could be considered a keyword
> but I would rather the entire line be highlighted.

No ideas on this?  I've tried various things based on what I've found in the
various filetypes.* files, but the only thing that I could seem to do is
highlight 'dnl' as a keyword, but I'd like it to be treated as a comment line so
geany doesn't try to parse the line for backticks and quotes.

Is this something that should be a wishlist bug?

- Nate >>