[Geany] syntax help, at a dead end

Patrick Mc(avery patrick at xxxxx
Sun Dec 4 14:40:31 UTC 2011

Hi Everyone

This is my first post here.

I am trying to change the syntax highlighting colours for ada. There are
alternative themes available on line( such as tango ) but they don't
support this language.

I was making good progress copying the colour definitions from the
alternative filetypes that were supported but I have hit a dead end.

Most of the items have the new colours but identifiers don't seem to
despite the identifier tag being changed in the file.

So in a little more detail, take this snippet:
package body Option_Sets is

Keywords "package, body and is" are all fine but Options_Sets in not right.

I changed all the backgrounds in the filetypes.ada to a charcoal grey(
0x1E1E1E ) but the back ground is white and it has red font.

I also changed what I could in filetypes.common and there is no white
background defined there yet I still have the white background.

The filetypes.ada I am modifying was copied from the installation
directory. It is .21 built from source.

In addition the white background turns black upon being selected.

Is there another file responsible for the white background and red font,
or some other solution? I should also mention I sent default to charcoal
grey background as well.

Thanks for reading-Patrick