[Geany] Tags and Syntax Highlighting

Alexander Eberspächer alex.eberspaecher at xxxxx
Tue Aug 9 16:33:24 UTC 2011

Hello list,

I would like to learn about tags and their relationship to syntax
highlighting. If I understand the manual correctly, there is no direct
connection of both things - tags are only used for the symbol browser,
aren't they?

The background of my question is the following: I noticed that Geany
doesn't highlight some LaTeX-stuff any more. Previously, I am sure that
LaTeX commands such as \usepackage have been highlighted. Now, those
commands look like ordinary text.

I downloaded the tag files from codebrainz's GitHub repository and
installed them to ~/.config/geany/tags. However, Geany still doesn't
highlight the commands mentioned before.

What is happening here?

I have GeanyLaTeX installed, also I use codebrainz's geany-themes.
Changing the color scheme via View -> Editor -> Color Schemes -> ...
doesn't change anything.

So, to conclude my questions:

1. Can anyone help me with the LaTeX syntax highlighting?
2. What are tags used for?

Thank you very much for help!

Greetings

Alex