[Geany] feature request: double-clicking compile errors...

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Wed Apr 27 22:23:59 UTC 2011

On 28 April 2011 01:58, Stephan Beal <sgbeal at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi, Geanians,
> i have a small feature request for something which continually bugs me:
> when i double-click on a compile error message, it jumps to the correct line
> but i have to manually go click that line before editing. i would expect it
> to take the cursor to that line and give me input focus there (like [x]emacs
> does :). (i must admit that my first love is xemacs but i use geany
> extensively in trees which have JavaScript and/or HTML in them because
> [x]emacs can't indent either of those worth a damn, especially in mixed-mode
> files like PHP/HTML/JS.)
> :-?

Hi Stephen,

For the languages I use the compiler error does not indicate where on
the line and often thats not really where the error is, its just where
the compiler detected it, so you have to place the caret anyway.

I think the current behavior is ok, you already have your hand on the mouse ...

Of course the emacs behavior is because placing the cursor used to be
done by keyboard, not by mouse.

Since you have been (mis)trained by emacs to keep your hands on the
keyboard ;-), why don't you bind next error/previous error to keycodes
and then you don't need to put your hand on the mouse at all.