[Geany] Strange behavior of bookmarks.

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Tue Apr 5 10:30:49 UTC 2011

On 5 April 2011 19:50, Joerg Desch <jd.vvd at web.de> wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Apr 2011 19:18:13 +1000
> Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 5 April 2011 18:54, Joerg Desch <jd.vvd at web.de> wrote:
>>
>> You mean in the addons plugin right?
>
> Yes.
>

>> (2) works for me, ie removing the bookmark removes it from the list
>
> Hmm. I don't know why, but after a restart of geany (I've done this for other reasons) it works here too.

I think I do, see below.

>> Personally I don't think the line number is much use, I'd leave it out
>> altogether since clicking on the bookmark goes to the line.
>
> Yes, thats right.
>
> By the way...
> What about storing bookmarks inside the project file?

I looked at the implementation, it uses the line number as the
reference from the bookmark list to the text, so if the text changes
lines then the bookmark points to the wrong place, and then when you
try to delete it no bookmark is found for that line so it doesn't
delete.

It needs to be re-written to use Scintilla marker handles instead of
line numbers since they track changes to the file.  But somebody has
to do it, patches are welcome (tm).