[Geany] feature request: line-breaking by default

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sun Apr 3 02:11:30 UTC 2011

>> I'm confused. I'm saying I turn on this option every time, and I'd
>> like the choice of Geany turning on this option for me. I don't know
>> what Ctrl-J does, and I don't mind one word going to the next line.
>> When I open my source on another computer, I don't necessarily want
>> to maximize the window to see those one words. I'm not arguing; I'm
>> just not sure if I made myself clear because your replies sound like
>> something much more complex than automatically activating the line
>> break option (instead of going to the Document menu with every
>> document). Automatically turning on line breaking is nice for coding,
>> but automatically turning on line breaking would be even nicer b/c
>> the source will look the same as it did when programming. thanks for
>> your replies
>
> Oh. It really seems at least I did misunderstand you. ;)
> However, I think this could be added (read: somebody have to do it),
> but wondering whether it would cause more issue to have this always on?
> My suggestion is to add another keybinding which is toggling this
> function.
>
> Cheers,
> Frank
> --

@Kete,

Yes, I'm confused too, to be absolutely sure we are talking about the
same thing, you are talking about having menu->document->line breaking
on by default?

If so its possible.

@Frank,

I'd suggest a user preference since most of us wouldn't want it on by
default.  But as you say someone has to do it, patches are welcome
(tm).