[Geany] A new look?

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sat Apr 2 23:12:39 UTC 2011

On 04/02/11 15:47, Colomban Wendling wrote:
> 1) The slide is white on black, but the rest of the site black on white.
> IMHO it looks like "a big rectangle on the middle", it'd be better be
> also black on white.

If the slideshow was in a light color and filled the whole area it's
contained in, would look better, IMO.

> 4) We better have also a nice look without JavaScript enabled, even with
> less fancy, and I don't thinks e.g. the slider really looks cool without
> JS (though it's yet usable, proves it's well done :))

And it's not Flash!

> 5) I don't like the shadow under the main title

I can't access the demo anymore, but maybe a darker shadow centered on
the text would look better than the offset to bottom right, IIRC.

> Otherwise, I think it's great, and is probably catchier than the current
> design. We want to catch people§ :D

Definitively catchier than the current site.  But in all fairness,
geany.org is still currently *much* nicer than 90% of FOSS project sites :)

Cheers,
Matthew Brush