[Geany] feature request: line-breaking by default

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Sat Apr 2 22:16:28 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2 Apr 2011 09:02:19 -0400
Kete <kwfj at suddenlink.net> wrote:

> > > I agree.

> > > Also there is the option Line break on documents menu you could
> > > activate.
>
> I'm confused. I'm saying I turn on this option every time, and I'd
> like the choice of Geany turning on this option for me. I don't know
> what Ctrl-J does, and I don't mind one word going to the next line.
> When I open my source on another computer, I don't necessarily want
> to maximize the window to see those one words. I'm not arguing; I'm
> just not sure if I made myself clear because your replies sound like
> something much more complex than automatically activating the line
> break option (instead of going to the Document menu with every
> document). Automatically turning on line breaking is nice for coding,
> but automatically turning on line breaking would be even nicer b/c
> the source will look the same as it did when programming. thanks for
> your replies

Oh. It really seems at least I did misunderstand you. ;)
However, I think this could be added (read: somebody have to do it),
but wondering whether it would cause more issue to have this always on?
My suggestion is to add another keybinding which is toggling this
function.

Cheers,
Frank
--