[Geany] A new look?

Russell Dickenson russelldickenson at xxxxx
Sat Apr 2 00:46:07 UTC 2011

On 2 April 2011 10:06, Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> So who reads the fine print? :-)
>
> On the bottom of the main page...
>

>>> Dunno, last email from Enrico on the thread definitely says DocuWiki over
>>> PmWiki
>>
>> Probably for the (hopefully soon to be) Wiki.  I was talking about the main
>> website, which also uses a wiki, for which the redesign is targeted.
>
> Yes, we were talking about different things, please ignore the noise :-)
>
> Cheers
> lex
>

>> I'm guessing whoever administers the main geany.org website will want to
>> continue using the current wiki software, so a redesign should keep that in
>> mind (by writing a "skin" rather than a whole new site).
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Matthew Brush

Росен Стоянов,

Thanks for your offer of help. I think your help in tweaking the Geany
main site, also the Geany wiki (yet to be born) would be very useful.
It's generally not an area that developers are generally good at (no
offense intended to coders). People are usually either good at logical
thinking, i.e. coding, or creative tasks such as developing
nice-looking web sites.

I wonder though, how accessible is the news and info section? Could a
screen reader such as Orca actually read these news items? I have no
technical problem with the slideshow-style effect but generally prefer
static items.

--
Russell Dickenson