[Geany] Toggle all widgets - Re: Couple of questions from a new user

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Tue Sep 28 14:05:08 UTC 2010

On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 17:58:26 +0100
Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> Maybe, although it depends what it's used for. If the idea is to use
> it sometimes to concentrate on a lot of code, I'm not sure the sidebar
> would get in the way. I suppose it depends how wide your source files
> are.

And how big your font size is. But in general yes, when keeping 72 or
maybe 80 chars it shouldn't be a problem even on smaller screens (for
normal font size).

> I changed the vague title so people interested in the behaviour might
> notice this thread, if they haven't already collapsed it.
>
> > I would further argue that toggle all widgets should be combined
> > into full screen. I'm guessing 99% of the use cases of full screen
> > are going to be to expand just the source window.
>
> No, I disagree. They can be used independently for good reasons.

As Nick is also right, I'd like to suggest another option for this but
I'm afraid this will be make it more complicated to understand for the
user. However, I could imagine
- Keeping Fullscreen out of this function
- Toggeling also sidebar
would at least be a good solution for me as I usually have the sidebar
nevertheless closed.

Cheers,
Frank
--