[Geany] toggle comment skips some lines.

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Fri Sep 24 12:10:24 UTC 2010

On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 10:59:26 +0200
Joerg Desch <jd.vvd at web.de> wrote:

> > I still can't reproduce this with a clean config. Can you give a code
> > example of what doesn't work?
>
> Today, I've installed a fresh Geany (with GTK) onto a Vista notebook.
> After the installation, I've started Geany, created a new C-Source and
> typed a "foo" function. Than I marked the content of the scope of the
> function end pressed Ctrl-E. This is the result:
>

> void foo (void)
> {
> 	//~ int i;
>
> 	for (i = 0; i <3; i++)
> 	//~ {
> 		//~ printf("%d\n",i);
> 	//~ }
> }
>
> As you can see, the "for (" isn't commented out. If I remove the empty
> line, all works as expected.

OK, I can reproduce this when using Windows line endings. I didn't
think of that before ;-)

I can't find an easy fix though, the code is quite hard to follow.

Regards,
Nick