[Geany] Compiling on Fedora 13 - X11 link errors

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Tue Sep 21 14:56:07 UTC 2010

On Sat, 18 Sep 2010 08:40:23 +1000
Ross McKay <rosko at zeta.org.au> wrote:

> In case I'm not the only one who didn't know this, the current SVN
> version will only compile against the current Fedora 13 stable if you
> explicitly tell it to link an extra library (libX11).
>
> This is what you get with a standard autogen.sh / make:
>

> /usr/bin/ld: ui_utils.o: undefined reference to symbol 'XFree'
> /usr/bin/ld: note: 'XFree' is defined in DSO /usr/lib64/libX11.so.6 so
> try adding it to the linker command line
> /usr/lib64/libX11.so.6: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
>

> Running the following from the shell before config and compile fixes
> this:
>
> export LDFLAGS=-lX11
>
> This is why:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/UnderstandingDSOLinkChange

Thanks for reporting this. There is currently another issue with the
workspace sockets commit, so I'll either revert it or add a
configure check for X11.

Regards,
Nick