[Geany] Another request from a new user

Vineet Jain vinjvinj at xxxxx
Tue Sep 21 05:27:57 UTC 2010

> highlight f3 Ctrl-V Ctrl-G Ctrl-V Ctrl-G Ctrl-V etc

Find selected and find next can not be bound to the same key.
Unfortunately, I really miss this functionality. It might seem small,
but is a huge usability thing. when you start with one keybinding (in
my case f3) and then have to switch to another key binding to do find
next.

IMHO, find and replace is such a core component of a text editor, it
has to be done right. Both find selected and find next should be the
same key. If something is selected then pressing the find key should
search for it. If nothing is selected, it should search for the word
that was last time time highlighted and searched for.

I'm so used to the following key strokes

find -> highlight word -> f3, f3, f3 (do some stuff) f3....

Replace -> highlight word -> f3 -> ctrl v -> f3 -> ctrl v -> f3

With geany:

find -> highlight word -> f3 -> ctrl g -> ctrl g (do some stuff) ->
ctrl g (I don't understand what changing the key stroke buys you)

replace -> highlight word -> f3 -> ctrl v -> ctrl g -> ctrl v -> ctrl g