[Geany] Crash in Windows and Recovery

Ronan Chilvers ronan at xxxxx
Tue Sep 7 15:30:21 UTC 2010

On 4 September 2010 19:54, Bob Snyder <bob.snyder at cox.net> wrote:

> I have had Geany lock up solid a few times in Windows. This seems to happen
> when I am trying to adjust the size of the Message Window or the Sidebar.
> Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be reproducible. When it happens Geany's
> CPU usage goes to 100% and it is completely unresponsive and will not
> repaint its window.
>
> I suppose this could just as likely be a problem with the GTK port to
> Windows as with Geany, but I wondered if it has ever been seen before. More
> importantly, when it happens, is there any way to recover the changes I have
> made since the last save?

I have this happen very occasionally on my Ubuntu machine. Currently using
0.20 r5714 (has happened with previous versions). Geany essentially freezes
completely although I don't see the high CPU usage. It doesn't recover. I
end up having to kill it from a terminal. Fire it up again and it all works
fine.

I wonder if this points to a GTK problem rather than Geany problem? I guess
I could run in a gdb session or something to see if I can catch it?

Ronan
D3R Ltd
t 0333 800 2288
f 0333 800 2289