[Geany] HTML5 attributes

Ross McKay rosko at xxxxx
Thu Oct 28 02:09:53 UTC 2010

Jason Oster wrote:

>On 10/27/2010 12:34 PM, Jason Oster wrote:
>> [1]
>> http://groups.google.com/group/scintilla-interest/browse_thread/thread/407808dd3f0db79b
>
>Neil informed me of the ^prefix syntax supported in Scintilla's keyword
>handling code.  (I should have noticed it; I copy-pasted it directly
>into the InListWildcard() method!)
>
>Adding keywords ^data- and ^aria- works, but note that "data" is already
>defined as a keyword.  [...]

I just noticed the bit about "data", and read your thread on
scintilla-interest. Note that "data" is an attribute of the "object"
element:

http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#the-object-element
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/HTML/Element/object
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms535859%28v=VS.85%29.aspx

I get your point (scintilla-interest thread) about data- not being
valid, but Scintilla syntax colouring != HTML5 validation and
validator.w3.org will tell you "Attribute data- not allowed..." (in
addition to picking up other nicely styled attributes that don't
belong). It may not be worth taking this any further, I reckon.
--
Ross McKay, Toronto, NSW Australia
"The chief cause of problems is solutions" -Eric Sevareid