[Geany] HTML5 attributes

Jason Oster jason.oster at xxxxx
Wed Oct 27 19:34:17 UTC 2010

On 10/26/2010 06:57 PM, Ross McKay wrote:
> Good stuff, I'll stand back and watch :) and will applaud wildly when it
> comes through!
>
> cheers,
> Ross

A patch against Scintilla's trunk (in Mercurial) has been posted to the
scintilla-interest list[1].  I tested the code in Geany using a similar
patch.  Scintilla trunk patches won't apply cleanly to the Scintilla
included with Geany, since it's an older version and has a slightly
different directory structure.

So attached is the patch I used to test the feature!  It applies against
the Geany trunk currently in SVN.  Major difference between this patch
and the one for trunk is that this includes the "if (!sorted)" block in
WordList::InListWildcard(), as WordList::InList() and
WordList::InListAbbreviated() already have.  The method is also not
declared const, again just like the other two.

All-in-all, I say don't use *this* patch, just update to Scintilla 2.23
some day and get the wildcard matches for free. ;)  Although, you can
already start using data-* and aria-* in filetypes.xml right now.  It
will have no visible effect until Scintilla supports wildcards, because
an asterisk (*) is not a valid attribute character.

[1]
http://groups.google.com/group/scintilla-interest/browse_thread/thread/407808dd3f0db79b