[Geany] compiling question

Dominic Hopf dmaphy at xxxxx
Mon Oct 25 20:45:38 UTC 2010

Am Montag, den 25.10.2010, 13:37 -0700 schrieb Diego Cortegoso Assêncio:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install geany 0.19 here from the source, but when I run
> ./configure I get this:
>

> No package 'gtk+-2.0' found
>
> Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
> installed software in a non-standard prefix.
>
> Alternatively, you may set the environment variables GTK_CFLAGS
> and GTK_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
> See the pkg-config man page for more details.
>
> I'm not quite sure what I am supposed to do. Is there a package I
> should install?
Yes, I guess so. On Fedora I'd do a 'yum -y install gtk2-devel' now and
then see if it works. Most likely there is something similar on your
distribution. :)

Best Regards,
Dominic

--
Dominic Hopf <dmaphy at googlemail.com>
http://dominichopf.de/

Key Fingerprint: A7DF C4FC 07AE 4DDC 5CA0 BD93 AAB0 6019 CA7D 868D