[Geany] How does everyone search and search and replace

Vineet Jain vinjvinj at xxxxx
Mon Oct 25 14:46:46 UTC 2010

I've made the transform over from ultraedit to genay and love it.
Thought I'd never be able to pull it off. In fact there are things I
now miss in geany when I have to occasional work in ultraedit. The
symbols plugin. The highlights of all the words selected.

But one thing I just can not get working right is the workflow for
search  and search replace. I've tried several things and this is
currently my process:

1. I've mapped the keys for find next to be F3
2. I've mapped the keys for fine next selection to be F2

I now highlight the work by double clicking. then press F2 and then
have to switch to F3 for all subsequent finds.

With ultraedit it was super natural.

I would highlight the word by double clicking it and would just then
press F3 to search. It would search for the highlighted word.

My problem is that geany does not allow for find next and find next
selection to be mapped to the same key. I have to change keys and
remember that on the first one I have to do F2 and then do F3. There
has to be a better way for something that is so core to a code editor.

VIneet