[Geany] Workflow for find in files

Vineet Jain vinjvinj at xxxxx
Tue Oct 19 14:39:42 UTC 2010

I would like to thank everyone for geany. I never thought I would be
able to move away from ultraedit, and really don't miss ultraedit that
much.

1. I use find in files quite often across a large nested source tree.
One of the problem with the current find in files process is that the
default behavior is to search in the current folder. Almost in most
cases, I want to search at the project root. It would be great if
geany could remember the last entry in the find in files an not update
the directory based on which dir you are in.

2. Also the default behavior for the grep is to search in all files.
Normally, I would like to search just in *.py files. I've tried
--include and can't seem to get it working.

grep -nHIrF --include=*.{py,txt} -- select /some/dir

Has anyone got the include option working with grep in find in files?

Thanks,

Vineet