[Geany] Use snippets for HTML autocompletion?

Eugene Arshinov earshinov at xxxxx
Tue Oct 19 10:01:09 UTC 2010

Hi all.

I have a suggestion and want to know if it makes sense for anyone
else.  Currently if you turn on "XML tag autocompletion" in
Preferences > Editor > Completions, a table template is automatically
inserted after you write "<table>".  It seems that the template is in
Geany's source code and can't be changed.

The suggestion is to make use of snippets: if "table" or "<table>"
snippet is specified in [HTML] section of snippets.conf, the snippet is
automatically inserted, otherwise <table> tag is just closed, like
other tags now.  This should also work for any other tag.

Though, you can just define a snippet (say, "table") and use it when
you want to insert a table.  I doubt it's worth implementing the
suggestion if everything it gives is the ability to type "<table>"
instead of typing "table" and pressing complete-snippet keybinding.

What do you think?

Best regards,
Eugene.