[Geany] Installing Geany-Plugins from Source in Debian

lukshuntim at gmail.com lukshuntim at xxxxx
Sun Nov 14 14:11:56 UTC 2010

On 11/14/2010 03:32 PM, Danny K wrote:
> Hi, I'm running Debian 5.0.6 "lenny". I downloaded the sources of Geany
> 0.19.1 and Geany-Plugins 0.19. I extracted Geany and ran ./configure,
> make, make install, and it worked. But I want to use the Geanygdb
> plugin. So after I extracted Geany-Plugins and ran ./configure, it said
> that it could not find Geany. So I uninstalled Geany and this time ran
> ./configure --prefix=/usr, make, make install. I went back to

Using --prefix=/usr for local build is not recommended. You can try
setting the environmental variables CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS to allow
configure find the geany header files and libraries.

> Geany-Plugins and ran ./configure, make, make install with apparently no
> errors. So I then run Geany again, but when I go to Tools->Plugin
> Manager, it reports that no plugins are available.

Under menu item "Edit | Preferences | General | Start", you can set the
"Extra plugin path". Maybe this is what you want.

Hope this helps,
ST