[Geany] Serious bug - segfault

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sat Nov 13 03:02:53 UTC 2010

> Yes,, this looks like a GTK bug. Anyone here have comment rights on that
> bugzilla already and could post this info their? Otherwise, I have to go set
> up yet another bugzilla. :)

Sorry, but you've got all the info.  There are lots of filechooser
crash critical bugs in the list, several look much the same as yours.
But many are pretty old.  New info may galvanise the maintainers (then
again it might not :-)

It looks to me like a race between the change in the underlying
directory and the chooser updates and user actions which cause an
something to use the outdated information. Probably missing
gdk_threads_enter/leave pair.  For instance the function where your
assert failed is comparing a local variable to one which could be
updated by a different thread but isn't protected by
threads_enter/leave, but it depends where its called from it might be
protected there.