[Geany] Automatically Load Tags File on Windows

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Fri Nov 5 22:55:36 UTC 2010

On 5 November 2010 22:28, Vinicius Massuchetto
<viniciusmassuchetto at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Running Geany on Windows, I can't seem to find a right place to place
> a tags file to make it load on startup.
>
> According to the documentation:
>
> * Using the Load Tags command in the Tools menu.
>
> This works ok.
>
> * By creating a directory ~/.config/geany/tags, and moving or
> symlinking the tags files there before starting Geany.
> * By creating a directory $prefix/share/geany/tags, and moving or
> symlinking the tags files there before starting Geany. $prefix is the
> installation prefix (see Installation prefix).
>
> But not this. I tried placing the file in
> C:\Users\User\Geany 0.18.1.1\share\geany\tags
> C:\Users\User\Geany 0.18.1.1\tags

You can check that its the right prefix by running geany from the
command line with geany --print-prefix

That will tell you if  C:\Users\User\Geany 0.18.1.1\ is where to put things.