[Geany] Mac OSx Snow Leopard experience, 100% CPU load whenever build has been started !

Andrei Vishneuski vish at xxxxx
Tue May 18 11:31:55 UTC 2010

On 18 mei 2010, at 13:22, Lex Trotman wrote:

> On 18 May 2010 20:37, Andrei Vishneuski <vish at gravitysoft.org> wrote:
> I am big fun of Geany and have used it in Windows and Linux as my primary development editor.
> The problem is usage of Geany under Mac OSx.
> Basically under Mac osx you have three options:
>
> 1) Install port and install geany through the port. This is the most simple way. Geany looks a little bit ugly but workable and fast.
> 2) Deploy native Mac OSx GTK (see gtk-osx). More complicated way to use Geany. Geany looks more integrated with Mac OSx, but it is SLOW !
> 3) Use virtual (Linux) machine. Not a graceful way but better than nothing.
>
> I have tried all three options. And unfortunately only third option is applicable.
>
> Options 1) and  2) has critical bug. If you try to build something geany starts consuming 100% CPU time !
> It seems there is something wrong with process output reading, geany cannot correctly finalize it and stuck somewhere in reading loop.
>
> Does anybody have the same experience and may be just by chance has found a workaround ?
>

> Which versions of Geany and Glib and GTK?

 Geany 0.18.1
1) Mac OSx port GTK2 2.18.2
2) native gtk-osx GTK2 don't know exact version they are supporting (have to see my home PC to give you more information)