[Geany] Mac OSx Snow Leopard experience, 100% CPU load whenever build has been started !

Andrei Vishneuski vish at xxxxx
Tue May 18 10:37:16 UTC 2010

I am big fun of Geany and have used it in Windows and Linux as my primary development editor.
The problem is usage of Geany under Mac OSx.
Basically under Mac osx you have three options:

1) Install port and install geany through the port. This is the most simple way. Geany looks a little bit ugly but workable and fast.
2) Deploy native Mac OSx GTK (see gtk-osx). More complicated way to use Geany. Geany looks more integrated with Mac OSx, but it is SLOW !
3) Use virtual (Linux) machine. Not a graceful way but better than nothing.

I have tried all three options. And unfortunately only third option is applicable.

Options 1) and  2) has critical bug. If you try to build something geany starts consuming 100% CPU time !
It seems there is something wrong with process output reading, geany cannot correctly finalize it and stuck somewhere in reading loop.

Does anybody have the same experience and may be just by chance has found a workaround ?