[Geany] [Geany-i18n] java syntax highlighting not working on 0.19 from SVN

Lucas Vieites lucasvieites at xxxxx
Fri May 7 07:07:47 UTC 2010

  Hello,

2010/5/6 Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>

> On Tue, 04 May 2010 12:12:33 +0200, Jože wrote:
>
> > Na 04. 05. 2010 09:53, Lucas Vieites je pisal:
> > >   Hi,
>
> Hi,
>
> first of all, this is the wrong list. The geany-i18n list is mainly
> intended for translation and internationalisation issues.

  I know, I am not subscribed to the "devel" list, I just thought I'd ask if
it was a known issue before bothering the developers ;-)

> But no problem. Though I'd like to move the discussion to the general
> Geany list, CC'ed. Thanks.

  Thank you for bothering, but since I posted the message I thought of
something really clever to do (sarcasm intended, I should have done this
before posting): delete my "~/.config/geany" folder to see if something
there was messing up things. And it was. Now it works correctly.

  Sorry for the trouble...

> > >   I'm running geany 0.19 from SVN (downloaded 29/04/2010 from
> > > http://files.uvena.de/geany/) and I can't get it to highlight java
> > > source files. My other code is OK (perl, PHP, python, bash, xml,
> > > javascript, ...) and the filetypes.java file is located where all
> > > the others are ("/usr/local/share/geany/filetypes.java").
> > >
> > >   Anyone else having this problem?
> > >
> > Hi Lucas,
> >
> > this is annoying, but not critical. See this:
>
> Hmm, is this something known?
> Here, Java source files are properly highlighted.
>
> Does Geany correctly detect the filetype?  (cf. the filetype column in
> the status bar)
>
> Any related messages in Help->Debug Messages?
>
> Regards,
> Enrico
>
> --
> Get my GPG key from http://www.uvena.de/pub.asc