[Geany] filename template wildcards - Re: Different templates for .c and .h?

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Fri May 7 12:18:57 UTC 2010

On 7 May 2010 21:36, Joerg Desch <jd.vvd at web.de> wrote:

> On Fri, 7 May 2010 21:03:10 +1000
> Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Just tried it and 4880 works for me, don't you hate people who say
> > that!!!
>
> ;-)
>

> > Fresh build Opensuse 11.0 x86-64
> > Using GTK version                  : 2.12.9
> > Compiling Subversion revision      : r4880
>
> 13:34:58: INFO          : Geany 0.19 (svn >= r4880), GTK+ 2.18.3, GLib
> 2.22.3
>

> > Yes screenshot is a good idea, sorry, but "cluttered" could mean
> > anything :-)
>
> Yes, I know. That's why i've made the screenshots. ;-)
>
> I send you an email within the next minutes...

Ok, the substitution for untitled (unbenannt) didn't happen because it is
only done in the first two/three lines of the file.  This is probably
sensible, I wouldn't want my editor to randomly change any variables called
untitled throughout the program.

Perhaps the {filename} could be left in the file until it is saved the first
time and all occurrences replaced.  But then, are there any languages where
that is a valid sequence? Looks vaguely like Perl or Ruby but its been a
while since I've used them??  Maybe templates are going to have to force
immediate saving so they can get a filename.

As for the scrambled screen, I'm not sure what that is, but it probably
isn't related to the template, does it happen with any other existing files?

I suggest that you post the tgz to the mailing list (taking out anything
that you don't want on a public forum of course) so that Nick/Enrico can
look at it.

In my timezone its bedtime :-)