[Geany] Geany_socket listening on tcp, why?

Eugene Arshinov earshinov at xxxxx
Thu May 6 17:20:10 UTC 2010

On Thu, 06 May 2010 09:35:13 -0700%
Paul Bonneau <pjb1 at tctwest.net> wrote:

> Hello, I'm running this version in Puppy Linux 4.3.1:
> geany 0.18 (built on Aug 28 2009 with GTK 2.14.7, GLib 2.18.3)
>
> When I start geany, I get this:
>
> # netstat -an|grep -i listen
> unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     7803
> /tmp/geany_socket.b2c7ccb7
> unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING
> 5616   /tmp/.X11-unix/X0
>
> Just wondering why it is listening, and how I can shut that off.
> Couldn't find anything in the archives, man pages, FAQ, etc.

Hi.

It's the way how the single-instance behaviour is implemented. If you
want to live without this socket, try running geany with
--new-instance command line argument.

Best regards,
Eugene